What are the benefits of eating pineapple? Pineapple is not just a delicious tropical fruit, there are many benefits to be derived from it.
This plant has been cultivated for centuries in South Africa and there is more to it than just outstanding taste. Pineapple is the most economically significant plant in the family Bromeliaceae and it happens to be named as the healthiest fruit in the world for some serious health reasons.
There are lots of ways to enjoy this yellow juicy fruit. It is however best enjoyed fresh as it’s more beneficial.
Canned pineapple is also convenient but, be sure to look for an option that is packed with its own juices alone and not syrup, fruits naturally come with sugar in the form of fructose, so even the canned fruit in its own juice will have sugar listed in its label. Ensure to check the label before buying.
How can I reduce high cholesterol? High cholesterol can lead to a fatty build-up, heart attack, stroke, fatty deposits in the blood and arteries, diabetes, and high blood pressure. Your body needs cholesterol to build healthy cells but high levels of it can increase your risk of a heart attack. If you are thinking of incorporating pineapple into your diet to lower cholesterol, here is what you should know.
Is Pineapple Good For Cholesterol?
Yes, eating pineapple can help lower cholesterol. Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients which are essential for keeping a healthy body and immune system. Your diet and lifestyle have a lot of roles to play in your cholesterol level and certain fruits can help lessen the levels of bad cholesterol and one of these fruits is pineapple.
A delicious way to fight off cholesterol is to include pineapple juice in your diet, it can naturally help lower the levels of cholesterol in your bloodstream. In some cultures, pineapple is a medicinal plant hence you take full advantage of adding pineapple to your diet.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating Pineapples?
Pineapples are affordable and easy to add to your diet. Pineapple is more than just a delicious fruit, it has lots of nutrition and health benefits to offer and in addition to this, there are lots of ways it can be enjoyed. This fruit has been used in folk medicine for centuries and no matter how you eat it, there are lots of benefits to be derived from it. Here are some of the benefits of eating pineapple.
- It is rich in vitamin C which supports the immune system and provides antioxidants benefits
- It encourages growth and healing around the body
- Pineapple is low in calories, high in important vitamins and minerals and it does not include trans fats and saturated fats hence can help you lose weight.
- Pineapple can contain bromelain which is an enzyme that has anti-inflammatory properties. Eating it regularly can help you prevent cold and cough.
- This tropical fruit contains a digestive enzyme that can reduce nausea and this can be beneficial for pregnant women.
- Pineapple is packed full of disease-fighting antioxidants. It may help fight inflammations and free radicals in your body.
- If you are suffering from some itching, this fruit is said to help ease inflammation and this will give you instant relief.
Is It good to eat pineapple every day?
Yes, eating a few slices of fresh pineapple a day can nourish your body. It can defend your body against harmful free radicals and disease. You might need to consume just one cup of fresh pineapple juice and you are good but this should not be taken on an empty stomach or consumed in excess. It is best to eat pineapple in between meals as a snack once a day.
Make sure to complete your breakfast before consuming pineapple and this will do you good.
Pineapples are a great fruit that can really help lower your cholesterol level however this should not be consumed in excess.
Consuming too many pineapples may cause tenderness of the mouth as the fruit is a great meat tenderizer so just keep in mind that you just need to consume one glass of pineapple juice a day and this will provide you with lots of benefits.