As well as health is wealth, diet can still be tailored to loose calories and fat but retain its flavor. Hot dog and those oily meats definitely have a high calorie and fat, bother not there are always creative ways to maneuver your grilling skills to match a healthy and nutritious meal.
Recommended- Grilling and the Cancer Connection.
- Red meat poses a lot of risks, especially to the old age bracket. Nevertheless, it can be easily substituted with white meat, which includes rabbit meat or chicken. For example, a survey done in 2017 edited and published in BMJ found that “Red meat increases the risk of cancer, heart disease or, liver disease by more than 25 percent” Therefore white meat is an excellent substitute as it erases these risks.
- Marinating grill helps lower HCA and PAH levels by up to 70-88 percent. Herbs like rosemary should also be included to help with the flavor and also serve as anti-oxidant for which help offset the anti-effects of grilling. Burning or direct heating should be avoided by all means. This might lead to a build-up of HCA and PAH as they can be found in char and smoke respectively.
- Cleanliness is a good virtue found in gas grill. But while using a charcoal grill, its exposure to char or other chemicals might be reduced by frequent cleaning. Brushing the grill over and over again. This will help keep the grill healthy.
- Burning or direct heating should be avoided by all means. This might lead to a build-up of HCA and PAH as they can found in char and smoke respectively.
- Fish and other seafood have its way of minimizing or preventing cardiovascular diseases. It is recommended to be eaten at least twice a week. This can also serve as a substitute for red meat.
Recommended – Best Gas And Charcoal Grill
- Try grilling fruits for dessert, they bring out natural sugars suspended in them giving them extra sweetness and flavor.