Electric Stoves And Carbon Monoxide: What You Should Know

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas produced by burning gasoline, wood, propane, charcoal or other fuel. When your appliance is fixed in an improperly ventilated area, this may cause the accumulation of carbon monoxide which can be dangerous to health.

See Also: How Electric Coil Stoves Works

Carbon monoxide poisoning affects an unborn baby, infant of people suffering from anemia or people with a history of heart diseases. Carbon monoxide poisoning is dangerous to people who are intoxicated. The symptoms of carbon monoxide are as follows; 

  • Dull headache
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Shortness of breath
  • Confusion
  • Weakness
  • Blurred vision
  • Loss of consciousness

Carbon monoxide can be produced in our homes from;

  • Faulty gas appliances such as electric stove, gas water heater, and all gas appliances
  • It can also be caused by burning charcoal outside your residence, use of a generator or using gas that is meant to be put outside.
  • It can be caused by cars abandoned in the car garage for a very long time.

Some facts you should know about carbon monoxide poisoning are listed below. Carbon monoxide can be prevented by properly installing all home appliances, maintenance, and usage.

Furthermore, the proper installation of your appliances is the key to good health. Every new appliance comes with a manual leaflet that all beginners need to read through before getting their appliance installed. Appliances that need to be well ventilated should be ventilated properly and should be installed by professionals.

RECOMMENDED: Best Cookware For Electric Coil Stove

In addition, when your appliances get faulty consult a good technician, the technician will look at all the loopholes on the appliance and will take adequate measures. All appliances should be serviced regularly.

Lastly,  constant preventive measures should be taken on all carbon monoxide producing appliances. Look for the following conditions and contact a technician immediately for repair; water streaking on the chimney, disconnection, debris from appliances, and missing panel.