Cheesy croissant casserole is the perfect dinner meal you want to have shared with family and friends, this has been made with simple ingredients to give you an amazing taste that you can’t help but love. This casserole is rich, delicious and worthy of having on a Christmas night, it is one recipe that is a favourite for many families and if you are looking for a heart-filling dish that is worthy of a Saturday brunch and can be made easily without much fuss then this is the recipe to go for. Just like every other casserole dish, this is a tempting delight and it has an irresistible crunchy taste and it’s the recommended breakfast to make when next you have a crowd over for breakfast.
If you are all about starting the morning with a great breakfast and a cup of coffee and you can get to relax in less than an hour with a delectable dish to start the morning with, this casserole recipe is very easy to make however it requires lots of planning.
This cheesy croissant casserole recipe comes with a combination of sweet and savoury flavour and although it requires some planning, you are going to have an enjoyable breakfast however below are some tips to guarantee you a delicious morning breakfasty.
TIPS FOR BREAKFAST CASSEROLE SUCCESS
- You must let the bread soak in the egg mixture overnight or bake right away, the flavours are still there, just the bread on top will be a bit crunchy.
- Butter/grease the dish.
- Buttery or milk rich bread work best. Baguette and other drier bread do not work so well.
- Don’t skimp on the cheese. When in doubt just add a little more.
- Skim milk doesn’t work. Generally, skimmed milk might be okay when cooking as a healthier choice, but in these casseroles, the higher fat content of whole milk or light cream is needed.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup green onions (white stalk), diced
- 5 breakfast sausages, casings removed
- 5 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 6 medium eggs
- 1½ cup light cream (10%)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated Gruyère + ½ cup
- 5 croissants (day old), torn
- salt & pepper
- green onion, diced for garnish
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a fry pan and sauté green onions. Add breakfast sausage (casing removed) and break up while cooking. Once cooked, add sage, and remove from heat.
- Mix eggs, cream, mustard, cheese, salt and pepper and whisk until well blended.
- Butter a 10 inch pie dish. Mix sausage and torn croissants, place in pie dish. Slowly pour over egg mixture, gently pressing the croissant pieces into the egg mixture. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, preheat oven to 350F. Remove dish from fridge, and top with remaining cheese.
- Cook for 45 minutes, and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with diced green onions.
See more recipes on our site: