A Taste of Life as I Live it
BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST MUFFINS
Blueberry Breakfast MuffinsBreakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Fact or fiction?
For me definitely fact. I need breakfast or else I’m hangry. Seriously hangry. Like don’t talk to me, I’ll be the child in the corner annoyed, hangry.
I’ve always been this way, other meals I may get away skipping, but never breakfast. And if I do miss breakfast you probably do not want to be around me. Which means I need to be strategic and keep quick, healthy breakfast options on hand for mornings I’m short on time or those 11am weekend brunches… a morning snack is a thing, right?!Blueberry Breakfast Muffins | Healthy breakfast on the go | Un Assaggio of Food, Wine, & MarriageMy go-to the past few months have been Thug Kitchens’ Breakfast Bars, but lately I’ve been experimenting with healthy muffins. Less messy than the breakfast bars (i.e. no crumbs as you’re running out the door) and since it is summer I can add in fresh fruits.Blueberry Breakfast Muffins | Healthy breakfast on the go | Un Assaggio of Food, Wine, & MarriageLow on sugar and bursting with flavor, these little muffins are not only delicious they are oh so nutritious. Loads of fibre, and great texture thanks to the little seed millet.Blueberry Breakfast Muffins 5Millet a gluten-free super food that we could all benefit from eating more of, as it provides key vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium and B vitamins. Add in the antioxidants from the blueberries, potassium from the bananas and the energy from the oats, there is no better way to start your morning!! Or anytime of the day as these blueberry muffins make for a healthy snack or yummy dessert.
I’ve loving starting my day with these healthy breakfast muffins. Hope you do too!
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp honey½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- ½ cup large oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon¼ cup millet
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place liners in 12 muffin cups.
- Combine the first 5 wet ingredients (banana, honey, vanilla, egg, milk) in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking soda/powder, sugar, cinnamon, millet), then add to the wet ingredients. Once mixed stir in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared cups.Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 mins before removing to wire rack.
HOW DO YOU START YOUR DAY? ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON? HAVE ANY GO TO BREAKFAST
RECIPES? I’D LOVE TO HEAR HOW YOU BRIGHTEN YOUR MORNINGS.