Last week my week ended in the best possible way with an award for my little blog
Jess from Ordinary Girl, Extraordinary Dreamer nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award.
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognises blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them, acknowledging bloggers who share their stories or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines, which are listed below…
The guidelines for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
•Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
•Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
•Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
•Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
So let’s get started!!
A huge thank you to Jess for the nomination. Jess’s blog is one I have recently discovered and instantly fell in love with. Not only does she share great recipes, but Jess invites you along on her travels and daily life in Melbourne with insightful tales and lovely photography. And I have to admit I’m beginning to think we are kindred spirits, half a world apart 🙂 I would highly recommend checking out and following her blog!
Seven things about me…
1. I am a crazy dog parent. My fur babies are my priority. Hence the homemade dog treats.
2. I CAN NOT watch scary movies, not even a preview I have to change the channel. October is a horrible month for me!
3. I love kraft dinner and chicken mcnuggets. My love of mcnuggets is well known and a running joke in my family. #noshame
4. I’m messy. It’s just my nature. I don’t necessarily like it. It’s just my way.
5. I read cookbooks like works of fiction. They provide complete escape from my academic work/reading like nothing else.
6. I have terrible hand eye coordination, which isn’t the best in the kitchen at times.
7. I love classic movies. Casablanca, Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany’s.. each a little piece of heaven.
I’m also going to opt for quality over quantity on the nominations. These are a few of my favorite blogs at the moment…
The Imperfect Kitchen. The beautiful photography draws me in and makes me wish I was a better photographer and a better baker. For now I live vicariously through the Imperfect Kitchen.
The Proof of the Pudding. I love the writing on this blog! Anna welcomes you into her kitchen and engages the reader in a delightful manner.
Haurat Mulgi. This blog is fun and bright. It transports me to India every time I visit this blog, giving me a glimpse into another culture and life very different to my day to day.
Food 4 Your Mood. The tag line on the blog is “A one stop destination for foodies, chefs, and wannabes”. As the tag line suggests there is something for all.
Eat Well, Be Well, Live Well. Recipes, travel, and lots of general nutrition with a touch of beauty products to keep you looking good while you cook.. What’s not to love?!
Again thanks to Jess and the all bloggers sharing their stories and passion!