This quick and easy dinner recipe for pork cutlets only require a few ingredients and a few minutes for a deliciously supper that will have everyone around your table begging for more!
Ah pork ‘the other white meat‘ we really do have a love hate relationship. When you are good, you are oh so good, but when you are bad, you are oh so dry – oops I mean bad, oh so bad.
For the longest time I would not eat pork, well I should not say would not eat it, but I would avoid it if possible. Conversely the Lovely Husband loves pork, especially pork chops, which is my least favorite cut of pork. So for the first year or so of our marriage he would request pork chops for dinner and I would ignore him. This went on and on, he even made the dreaded suggestion of how good pork chops were in a slow cooker. If you want to read my Grandma-esqu rant on slow cookers you can find it with my beef stew recipe.
While I can not I have given into loving pork chops, I can say that I have learned to love certain cuts of pork. There is our well documented love of pork belly and pork cheeks, and pork shoulder for tacos, which is quickly becoming a new summer BBQ favorite! But the unsung hero of my growing admiration for pork has to be cutlets, the weekday cousin of schnitzel.
Pork cutlets are definitely a go to meal in this house. They are so easy, inexpensive, and absolutely delicious. And if that wasn’t enough to convince you to add them to your weekly routine, hot or cold leftover cutlets make a tasty lunch. Chopped into a salad or in sandwich, pork cutlets will inspire lunchtime envy I promise!
The secret to golden brown crispy cutlets is a good non-stick pan with just a little bit of sunflower oil, you can let the pan do all the work. It really is just that easy.
Served with a salad or a cabbage slaw and dinner is on the table in less than 30 minutes.
I love this dinner, because it never disappoints. Not a lot of fuss, just a simple, dinner that everyone will enjoy. I hope you do agree!
- 8 pork cutlets
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- Sunflower oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fresh Parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Place flour, egg and bread crumbs in three separate bowls. Mix the smoked paprika, parsley, and pepper into the bread crumbs.
- One at a time, dredge the pork cutlets in flour, followed by egg and then lastly coating in the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Using a non-stick skillet, place over medium heat and add in sunflower oil, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Once hot, cook cutlets in batches turning once approximately 2 minutes per side. As more oil if the pan becomes dry.
- Set cooked cutlets on a serving platter, top with fresh parsley and fresh lemon slices.